New Teacher Orientation
Our department is committed to
promoting successful educational uses of technology that can positively
impact teacher efficacy, student engagement, student achievement,
and students' readiness for the demands of the 21st Century.
We believe technology stimulates learning because student
motivation is strengthened when technology is present in the curriculum. Consequently,
we look for ways to enable teachers to implement tools and approaches
that serve our department's mission.
Specifically, our department:
- Works to ensure that technology plans and grant programs are implemented
- Collaborates on educational technology software purchasing decisions
for district school sites and administrative departments.
- Maintains an extensive database of help documentation and procures
subscriptions to online resources such as Atomic Learning and Riverdeep
- Produces online training presentations
and job aids.
- Manages Library and Media Services including the
cataloging and circulation of media materials, the production of multimedia,
and the videotaping of district events.
- Provides technology training workshops onsite at
our facility in El Cajon on various programs including gradebook software,
Web site design, eBackpack, Performance Profile, presentation software,
and digital video production.
- Provides one-on-one technical support and consultation to all teachers
and staff who have computer and technology-related questions.
- Maintains a resource area where teachers can work
on multimedia and digital photography projects; we also provide expertise
in these digital media services.
- Checks out digital equipment such as camcorders, projectors, digital
cameras and loaner laptops.
- Acts as a liaison between District Information and
Technology Services and site Technology Specialists.
- Leads the District Technology Council and works
with individual Technology Coordinators on site-specific projects and
- Provides guidance and technology assistance to the
AB75 Principal Training Program and the BTSA program.
- Conducts professional development inservice training
for teachers including the successful VISIONS 2004 summer institute
and past Digital University programs.
- Performs desktop support and other IT related duties as needed.